Now is the time to plant your bulbs for a spectacular garden in spring!
From daffodils to tulips, plan and plant your garden of bulbs for a beautiful spring display.
Top 5 Tips for planting and growing spring and summer flowering bulbs
- Great in pots and containers, and garden beds, bulbs love freely draining soil.
- Feed with a specialty bulb fertiliser
- Plant bulbs approx two times their height deep in the soil
- Plant with the pointy end facing upwards
- Enjoy the show
It also time to plant potatoes for a winter harvest. Look for your favourite seed potato varieties in store at Wyee Nursery.
Popular seed potatoes to plant include
- Desiree – all rounder with delicious pale yellow flesh
- Coliban – great for frying and roasting
- Dutch Cream – Delicious & versatile
- King Edward – a roasting variety with creamy white flesh & floury texture
- Kipfler – excellent for steaming, boiling, & salads
- Nicola – deep yellow flesh ideal for boiling & roasting
- Pontiac – pale skinned with white flesh great for roasting
- Ruby Lou – best for for frying & baking
- Russett Burbank – best variety for hand cut chips
- Sebago – fantastic all rounder